On Saturday, October 13th, Beer Sessions Radio™ is proud to be co-hosting Harvest Beer & Cider Sessions (with Spirits)! This tasting event features regional ciders (with a few of the world’s best added in to the mix) and includes apple-distilled artisanal spirits curated by Modern Distillery Age along with beer by local craft breweries. For your noshing pleasure, drinks will be paired with cheese and charcuterie. Two general sessions and two featured seminars will take place at Factory on Kent (fka Biba, 110 Kent Avenue at N. 8th Street, Williamsburg). General admission tickets are now only $20 (also available at the door; including one beer ticket). Key features of the day:
- Ciders—Virtue Ciders (Illinois), Farnum Hill (NY), Dupont (France), Slyboro Ciderhouse at Hicks Orchard (NY), Eden Cider (VT), Steampunk (NY), Applewood Winery (NY), Doc’s Cider (NY), Critz Farms (NY), McKenzie’s Cider (NY), Hudson Valley (NY), along with several Basque ciders and others from the northeastern US (TBA).
- Specialty Beers by Up and Coming Brewers—Award-winning Barrier Brewing will be bringing some of their favorite beers to the event, including some specialty brews made just for the Harvest Beer & Cider Sessions; they will be joined by Rockaway Brewing, Carton and other new small breweries.
- Artisanal Spirits Curated by Modern Distillery Age—Expected to be in attendance are Campo De Encanto Pisco, Boulard Calvados, Virginia Distillery, Caledonia Spirits, Louisville Distilling, The 86 Co, Bardstown Barrel Selections, Harvest Spirits, Beak & Skiff and others TBA.
- Food—From SlantShack Jerky, Martin’s Pretzels, Cabot and Murray’s cheeses, and Jimmy’s No. 43, plus more TBA.
- Live Music—Music by Sistermonk during the afternoon general session; the evening session will have music by Huntronik (6 p.m.), Mattison (7 p.m.), and Eula (8 p.m.).
- Two Sessions—Tickets will be available for two general sessions (now only $20 with beer tickets available for additional purchase), one running noon-3 p.m. and a second evening session from 6-9 p.m.
- Specialty Guided Tasting Seminars With Greg Hall and Steve Wood—Ticketed separately for $25, starting at 3 p.m. Greg Hall of Virtue Cider will premiere his cider during a guided tasting of “Old World and New World Ciders,” which includes ciders from Oliver’s Cider (Herefordshire, U.K.) and Dupont. Then at 4 p.m., Farnum Hill’s Steve Wood will lead a guided tasting of “Blending, Terroir and Cider Apples of the Northeast,” featuring the renown ciders of Farnum Hill.
In all, more than 20 ciders and 20 specialty craft beers will be available during the general tasting sessions. Get your tickets before they sell out for this key event that will usher in NY Cider Week (October 12-22).
Summary of ticketing options:
Including unlimited cider, beer, and spirits, plus food sampling.
Session 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm…………$50.00
Session 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm………….$50.00
Greg Hall, Virtue Cider
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm………………………….$25.00
Steve Wood, Farnum Hill
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm………………………….$25.00