Mayor Bloomberg is just days away from proclaiming (for the fifth year) that July is Good Beer Month! Look for some great events over the 31 days of July, including the expansion of WNYC’s The Greene Space Craft Beer Jam! This year Beer Sessions Radio™ will produce three ticketed events, including:
- The Best Craft Beers You’ve Never Tasted – July 10th at 7 p.m. – An evening of beer-focused conversation, consumption and celebration! Learn the secrets of the most rare and special brews around. Beer Sessions Radio™ host Jimmy Carbone welcomes Dan McGloughlin of Manhattan’s Pony Bar and Ed Berestecki of Brooklyn’s Mug’s Ale House. With music by The Flanks. Tickets here.
- Home Brewer Battle – July 17th at 7 p.m. – Learn the do’s and don’ts of brewing beer at home, along with tips on how to taste beer. Featuring John LaPolla of Bitter & Esters, beer educator Sam Merritt of Civilization of Beer, and Chris Cuzme of 508 Gastrobrewery. With live music by The Bailen Brothers. Tickets here.
- Queens Craft Breweries – July 24th at 7 p.m. – Discover why Queens has become a brewing hot spot. Taste beer fit for a Queen(s county imbiber). Featuring Robby Crafton of Big Alice Brewery, Rich Castagna of Bridge & Tunnel Brewery, Ethan Long of Rockaway Brewing Company and Chris Schonberger of First We Feast. With live music by The Great Apes. Tickets here.
Other featured events include:
- July 1st – Get Real Craft Beer Passport Kick-off Party at Idle Hands – come out and drink for the night, or just buy the passport, which gets you a pint at 39 different craft beer bars, including many Good Beer Seal bars.
- July 9th – Beer Breakfast for Dinner at The Double Windsor – featuring a “complete” breakfast of: Kuhnhenn Blueberry Pancake Ale, Founders’ Breakfast Stout, Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Urbock (a smoked beer that tastes like bacon), and Against the Grain Citra Ass Down IPA (OJ!). The kitchen will also be serving a special breakfast sandwich that night and little boxes of cereal (all your good old wholesome sugary favorites) will be available for munching! The “breakfast” starts at 6 p.m.
- July 17th – Mission Dolores Hosts Pioneers of American Craft.
- July 17th - 2nd Annual Beastie Boys Fund Raiser for Food Bank 4 NYC at Idle Hands.
- July 18th – Duvel/Ommegang Belgian Independence Day Celebration at Sunswick 35/35.
- July 24th – The Rev’s 40th Birthday at Idle Hands
- July 27th – July Good Beer Month Presents NY State Food & Beer Expo at East River Park in Williamsburg.
- July 30th – Prix Fixe dinner featuring Jeff O’Neill of Peekskill Brewing at Jimmy’s No. 43.
Plus, join Edible’s Good Beer at 82 Mercer on July 31st for the Good Beer Seal Awards announcement (tickets going fast).