We are happy once again to bid an official welcome to July Good Beer Month!
Beer Sessions Radio™ and The Good Beer Seal are teaming up for our annual theme month focused on good beer. The Seventh Annual July Good Beer Month™ leads off by co-hosting two launch events: a new Good Beer Passport and a party celebrating the new Craft Beer NY Map, leading into our week of “Running with the Bulls” (different bars will be celebrating with Spanish craft beer events) and a new event: Cookout NYC’s Running with the Beef™ on the beautiful Manhattan waterfront. Of course, we’re bringing back our annual live Craft Beer Jam broadcasts at WNYC’s The Greene Space, featuring guests from near (local brewery owners) and far (Ale Sharpton from Atlanta). And we’ll wrap the month with Edible’s Good Beer and the Good Beer Seal Awards! Key events for the month include the following:
- Cookout NYC’s Running with the Beef™ – Saturday, July 11th, at Stuyvesant Cove Park. Some of NYCs best chefs (including Robbie Richter, Anthony Sasso, others at 10+ grilling stations) cooking Spanish-style dishes from grass-fed beef; offerings range from traditional (Grilled Steak, Brisket, Beef Sausages) to unique (Harry Hawk’s Spanish Schnack Burgers from Schweid & Sons) all along Manhattan’s scenic East River. Live entertainment (DJ, Flamenco dancers), plus a great line-up of Spanish and American craft beer from Iberian United/Shelton Brothers, Sixpoint and Two Roads.
- Three sessions of the renowned Craft Beer Jam at WNYC’s The Greene Space: Join Beer Sessions Radio™ host Jimmy Carbone for panels on July 8th, 15th and 22nd as beer luminaries gather to discuss (and drink) with a live audience.
- The return of Edible’s Good Beer at Hudson Mercantile on July 30th.
- The conferring of the 2015 Good Beer Seal Awards (location TBA).
We will be adding more events and outings at Good Beer Seal Bars across the city and beyond. Please come back for updates! The full calender thus far:
- Wednesday, July 1st – July Good Beer Month kick-off party at Jimmy’s No. 43
- Wednesday, July 1st – Barrier Brewing Event at Blind Tiger
- Thursday, July 2nd – NY Craft Beer Map App launch party at Jimmy’s No. 43
- Tuesday, July 7th through Tuesday, July 14th – “Running with the Bulls” events featuring Spanish Craft Beer
- Tuesday, July 7th – Beer Sessions Radio™ with special guests Jeremy Cowan (Shmaltz He’brew) and Joe Carroll (GBS bar Spuyten Duyvil and Fette Sau)
- Wednesday, July 8th at 6 p.m. – Founder’s Brewing Night at Taproom 307
- Wednesday, July 8th – Jolly Pumpkin Event at Blind Tiger
- Wednesday, July 8th at 7 p.m. – Craft Beer Jam at WNYC’s The Greene Space: Five Borough Beer Battle (Tickets)
- Saturday, July 11th from 4-9 p.m. – Cookout NYC’s Running with the Beef™ (Tickets)
- Monday, July 13th – VSK (Very Special Keg) Running with the Bulls! at Blind Tiger
- Tuesday, July 14th – Beer Sessions Radio™ with special guest Ale Sharpton
- Wednesday, July 15th at 7 p.m. – Craft Beer Jam at WNYC’s The Greene Space: Summer Afternoon Brews (Tickets)
- Wednesday, July 8th at 10 p.m. – Alagash After Party with Rob Tod at Taproom 307
- Wednesday, July 15th – Singlecut Beersmiths Event at Blind Tiger
- Thursday, July 16th – Sixpoint Event at Blind Tiger
- Tuesday, July 21st – Beer Sessions Radio™ with special guests and American Homebrew Association “Best in Show” winners Peter Salmond and Oskar & Eric Norlander
- Wednesday, July 22nd at 7 p.m. – Craft Beer Jam at WNYC’s The Greene Space: Dessert on Tap (Tickets)
- Wednesday, July 22nd – Christmas in July at Blind Tiger
- Tuesday, July 28th – Beer Sessions Radio™
- Thursday, July 30th – Edible Good Beer
- End of July (TBA) – Good Beer Seal Awards 2015 Announcement